St. Bede's Day School
St. Bede’s Day School is a small, intimate school with a big family feel. Parents have listed some of the reasons they chose us for their child’s preschool experience as:
Every single teacher knows MY child. That makes me feel he is safe
As soon as I walked in the building, I heard the laughter
The teachers are so sweet and loving
It’s a relaxed, comfy atmosphere
“Over time, we concluded that the best objective for small children was joy – that in the impressionable preschool years, children with the right guidance could expand their capacity for various kinds of happiness. We decided that, for children under five, JQ(Joy Quotient) was more important that IQ (Intelligence Quotient).”
-Excerpt from Teaching your Children Responsibility by Linda & Richard Eyre
**Helpful Hint - For ordering Scholastic online, the code is GKD2G
Purpose / Mission
St. Bede's Episcopal Day School, which began in 1963, was established as a non-profit, pre-school to serve the Northlake/Tucker area of Atlanta. Our school's purpose is to prepare preschool children socially and scholastically for the transition from home to school in a Christian environment.
The school aims to provide an atmosphere to help the child move out from parental dependence toward a balance of self-reliance and God-reliance. The program is designed to meet the basic needs of love, trust and discipline, while learning basic skills and concepts in a pre-school setting. It is our goal to promote the development of each child to his fullest potential. We hope to do this by providing opportunities for the child to:
- Share with his contemporaries in normal contacts of group experience.
- Find creative self-expression in play, music, art and drama.
- Learn to respect the authority of adults in addition to his/her parents
- Develop in the atmosphere of a Christian environment.
- We trust each child will gain a sense of belonging, responsibility and well-being through his/her activities and relationships with others. Children of all races, religions, creeds and nationalities are welcome to this church school.